Get the Best Handbrake Alternative Here to Convert/Compress Videos Easily
I need something easier to use than Handbrake that still lets me convert MKV files to MP4 or AVI, mess around with subtitle tracks & do batches. Do you guys have any Handbrake alternative?- From Reddit
Handbrake is an open-source video converter and compressor for Windows/Mac/Linux. With its user-friendly interface, you can convert videos to the preset settings for a certain device. But It has relatively fewer video formats and encoders than other video converters. In this case, this article will introduce the best 9 Handbrake alternatives for you to convert videos to any format with high quality. Keep reading and find the best one for you.
Guide ListPart 1: A Brief Introduction to Handbrake: Features and Limitations Part 2: The Best 9 Handbrake Alternatives for Windows/Mac/Linux Part 3: FAQs about the Best Handbrake Alternatives
Part 1: A Brief Introduction to Handbrake: Features and Limitations
Handbrake is a powerful video converter that also supports compressing videos, ripping DVD or Blu-ray discs to digital media formats, etc. It also provides simple cropping and trimming functions to edit the videos.
1. Support converting or compressing a batch of videos together to save your time.2. Provide some simple filters, including Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, etc.3. The built-in presets make compressing and converting videos easier.4. Able to deal with, scan, and queue a batch of videos for encoding at the same time.
Here are the Limitations, which will prompt you to find the Handbrake alternatives:
1. Although it supports almost all the video formats to import, you can only use Handbrake to export converted or compressed videos to MP4 and MKV containers.
2. No additional editing functions to rotate, add subtitles and watermarks to make your videos more appealing before exporting.
3. No real-time preview of the edited videos to help you check the video quality.
Part 2: The Best 9 Handbrake Alternatives for Windows/Mac/Linux
1. Video Converter (Windows/Mac)
Video Converter must be the best Handbrake alternative to help you convert/compress videos to any format, enhance video quality, split videos side by side, merge videos into one, etc. Moreover, you can use this Handbrake alternative to edit videos with filters, trimmer, 3D maker, and speed controller.
- The all-in-one software with video converter, compressor, editor, etc.
- Support more than 1000 video and audio formats to import and export.
- Provide 2K, 4K, and even 8K resolution to keep the high quality of videos.
- Unable to extract videos from DVD/Blu-ray discs.
2. Vidcoder (Windows)
Vidcoder is also an open-source Handbrake alternative that can encode videos, including ripping DVD/Blu-ray to digital media formats. It also provides a simple editing tool with basic functions.
- Able to adjust the video quality, bitrate, size, etc.
- Only supports exporting videos to MP4 and MKV.
- Complex settings adjustment for beginners.
3. Avidemux (Windows/Mac/Linux)
Avidemux is a powerful Handbrake alternative that enables you to encode, convert, and edit videos. Unlike Handbrake, it supports many popular video formats, such as AVI, MPEG, ASF, etc.
- Able to enhance the video quality before exporting.
- Provide scheduled tasks to automate the operations.
- Not a user-unfriendly interface with only several icons.
4. FFmpeg (Windows/Mac/Linux)
As one of the best Handbrake alternatives, FFmpeg is a complete solution to convert, compress, encode, and record videos.
- Able to change any detailed parameters of videos freely.
- Occupy not too much space on your computer.
- No presets for you, which is difficult for beginners.
5. Freemake Video Converter (Windows)
Freemake Video Converter is a versatile Handbrake alternative that supports converting video and audio files, ripping DVD or Blu-ray discs. After exporting videos, you can directly upload them to YouTube and other social platforms.
- Download videos from the Internet directly.
- Editing functions to rotate, trim and merge videos.
- Only supports some common video formats.
6. MakeMKV (Window/Mac/Linux)
As the name said, this software is designed for making MKV videos. It's also an easy-to-use Handbrake alternative to transfer any video to MKV format.
- Preserve necessary data without losing too much quality.
- Work well with DVD/Blu-ray discs.
- The output format is limited to MKV.
7. DivX Converter (Mac)
It's also a designed video converter to transfer videos to DivX. As a Handbrake alternative, it perfectly makes up for the shortcomings of handbrake not supporting the DivX format.
- Specific transcoding for Apple devices.
- Limited video resolution and quality.
- Only supports DixV as export format.
8. File Converter (Windows)
File Converter is a powerful Handbrake alternative that also supports converting and compressing videos. Unlike Handbrake, it supports more than 100 video formats to export.
- Not only video and audio files, but it can also convert documents.
- No additional editing tools.
9. Any Video Converter (Windows/Mac)
It is a well-known video converter that has the same functions as Handbrake. You can use this Handbrake alternative to effortlessly convert videos to 100+ formats. Basic editing functions are also available.
- Able to download videos and music from the websites.
- Extract audio files from CDs or videos.
- Limited functions for the free version.
Part 3: FAQs about the Best Handbrake Alternatives
1. What formats can I export videos to through Handbrake?
Handbrake can only export videos to MP4 and MKV container formats, which is the most disadvantage of this powerful converter and compressor. And many codecs, such as DivX, MPEG, are not supported by Handbrake. That's why you should find Handbrake alternatives.
2. What is the best Handbrake alternative for Windows/Mac?
Since Handbrake is a versatile app that enables you to convert/compress videos and rip DVD or Blu-ray discs, the best Handbrake alternative must be Video Converter. It's also a powerful app that can deal with all video changes.
3. Is Handbrake friendly to beginners?
No. Its interface is too simple to find the desired functions easily. And although it provides preset settings for exporting, you should also adjust the detailed parameters to keep a high quality of the video.
This article has introduced the best 9 Handbrake alternatives above. After learning their features, pros, and cons, you can choose the most suitable one for you. Handbrake is a versatile app for converting, compressing, and ripping, thus you'd better free download Video Converter to replace it. Welcome to contact us to ask any questions.